Tuesday, June 1, 2010

OK...here goes.

When my friend Vanessa suggested a blog as a way to share the adventure of my road trip across the good ol' US of A, I thought it sounded like a good idea. But since this trip will only take 5 days, it could have wound up as the shortest blog in history!

Then I decided that maybe it could be more. As you all know, I'm taking this road trip because I'm moving back to my hometown. It occurred to me recently that my life has been split into two very distinct (and very different!) halves. The first half was spent growing up in a small(ish) town. It was great. Perfect place to grow up. It was a be-home-when-the-streelights-come-on kind of a place. And then I moved 3,000 miles away to live in the big city, and have spent my entire adult life there...until yesterday. So I thought it might be sort of interesting to document the transition back to life in a small(ish) town after spending 23 years in Los Angeles.

The next few entries will definitely be about my trip, and I'm looking forward to sharing my adventures (and pictures)! If you want to stop reading after that, I'll understand. If you'd like to keep reading, please do.

No comments:

Post a Comment